Since 1984, Kleinberg Funeral Services founder Steven Kleinberg has arranged and supervised hundreds of Jewish funerals in his native South Florida, Chicago, Boston and New York. While much about the Jewish funeral is dictated by halachah and tradition, each city has adopted its own style and manner in which services are managed. For example, in Chicago many funeral services take place in a synagogue whereas in New York very few do.
Perhaps most importantly, chapel and synagogue services across the country have given way to graveside services. Today, nearly half of all Jewish funeral services nationwide take place at the graveside. This change in family preference results in many New York Jewish funeral homes overcharging families even as they underserve them. Kleinberg Funeral Services was founded specifically to provide these families with a proper Jewish graveside funeral.
REASONS WHY KLEINBERG FUNERALS IS THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR JEWISH FUNERALS
- Steven Kleinberg is a licensed Jewish funeral director serving families like yours for over 30 years with attentive and personalized care.
- Kleinberg Funeral Services is independently owned and operated. Because we are not affiliated with a publicly traded funeral service corporation we can offer personalized services at the most reasonable prices.
- Among our many unique services, our Graveside Service Experience distinguishes us from other funeral service providers. Kleinberg Funeral Services considers the family’s comfort when planning a graveside service. We make sure there is sufficient seating for family and friends at the graveside. We also anticipate the weather by providing protection against harsh sunlight, rain or snow.
- We serve all cemeteries within the five boroughs of New York City, Long Island, Westchester and the Tri-state area.
- If your family desires a chapel service, our funeral home located in Island Park on the south shore of Nassau County, Long Island may be a desirable option for you. If you prefer, we can arrange funeral and memorial services in your synagogue or any other location throughout the Tri-state region.
As our testimonials will attest among our relationships with the families we’ve served, clergy and colleagues we are held in the highest regard by those who know us best.